Thursday, December 22, 2011

Mynx’s Fabulously Simple Holiday Cheese Ball Recipe

Last Saturday, some fabulous bloggers brought you the 12 Blogs of Christmas. I've had a lot of requests for the recipe of the cheese ball that I shared at Amberr Meadow's 12 Blogs of Christmas: Tasty Traditions and so today, I've posted it here. 

It's been quite a few years now, but an old friend in Pennsylvania shared this recipe with me one Christmas, and it's quickly become one of my favorite holiday recipes, and traditions.  I make it instead of cookies for holiday goodie exchanges, and I also give it out to friends and family.  When the holidays roll around, I have plenty on hand for entertaining - it's always a hit. 

Mynx’s Fabulously Simple Holiday Cheese Ball Recipe

2 - 8oz packages cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 - 5oz jar Kraft Old English Spread (@room temperature)
1 - 5oz jar Kraft Roka Blue Spread (@room temperature)
2 Tbsp cider vinegar (or flavored vinegar – feel free to experiment)
2 tsp garlic salt (or garlic powder)
1 cup crushed nuts (suggestions include walnuts, pecans, or toasted almonds)

Set aside crushed nuts and combine the rest of the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.  Cover and let set in the refrigerator until firm.  Take it out and form into a ball (or a log, or a wreath… get creative), coat with chopped nuts.  Serve with crackers.  Yum!

You can also mix the nuts into the spread itself while it's still soft and pack it into jars to give it away. Be sure to decorate the jar with a pretty label, ribbon, and a recipe card to share the love!

I hope everyone had a chance to visit all of the fabulous bloggers who participated in the 12 Blogs of Christmas.  We all had a lot of fun putting it together, and once again, thanks to Kelly Stone Gamble and Erica Lucke Dean for organizing it!  

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. The Old English spread - what's the flavor on that? I imagine that the Roka Blue is like blue cheese?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old English is a mild sharp cheddar, I do believe. The Roka Blue is along the lines of a blue cheese, but much milder.

    ReplyDelete